Wondering how to move valuable, fragile pictures and/or artwork is common for people experiencing an impending move. Coming up with an efficient moving plan that takes every last detail into account should be your next step now that you’ve officially announced you are moving. Whether it is across the city or to a new state, a well-organized moving plan will help lower the stress level that invariably comes with any move. Today, we at RC Van Services would like to discuss packing pictures for your move.
Professional Packing of Artwork
How to pack pictures for moving is an important consideration that you must address. In order to meet all of your custom moving and shipment needs, valuable artwork, framed photos, pictures, mirrors, and other specialty items are all part of RC Van Services unique moving solutions. Moving anything, regardless of the size, shape, or how fragile or valuable it may be, anywhere in the country is something we pride ourselves on. It is important to make sure that your moving company is fully licensed, bonded and insured, when moving any valuable items or artwork. You can have peace of mind when you are moving a long distance that your items will be cared for and transported safely and securely.
Supplies Needed to Pack Pictures when Moving
You will Need Moving Supplies to Pack Pictures. If you have the right supplies, the best way to pack pictures or to pack wall art for moving is easy. Sturdy moving boxes of various sizes, you will need to make sure you have quality. There are some moving boxes specifically designed for picture frames. To get you get the right sized moving boxes for all of your special items, measure all of your pictures that are bigger than normal. You will need quality bubble wrap. During the move, the bubble wrap gives some added cushion to your pictures. You will also need strong tape, wrapping paper, and permanent markers. If necessary, you can use old newspapers or wrapping paper in a peach.
What is the Best Way to Pack Pictures?
The process is the same if you are packing picture frames, wall art, or mirrors for moving.
1) Face down, wrap the picture in packing paper.
2) To ensure the wrapping paper covers the entire item, use the tape to secure all of the edges.
3) Make sure the whole picture is covered and tape the bubble wrap to make sure it stays secure using the bubble wrap over the wrapping paper.
4) Insert the picture into the box after finding the right size moving box.
5) The picture is tightly packed in the box. In order to make sure it is secure, insert old newspapers, more wrapping paper, bubble wrap, or even cardboard from a moving box if needed.
6) On both ends of the box, use your tape to hold it.
7) For your movers know that extra care must be taken for those items, clearly mark “Fragile” or “Mirror” or “Glass” with your permanent marker.